Friday, August 15, 2008

Saltoev (pronounced sal-to-ev) Lotoja's shorter but stronger brother -

My brother Ben, Jared Madsen and I biked 105 miles from Salt Lake to my families cabin just outside of evanston. It was brutal. we traveled up big cottonwood canyon, over Guardsman's pass to park city. From park city to Kamas and finished it all of with a grueling ride up and over mirror lake pass. I am eternally grateful for my two riding partners that allowed me to draft behind them for a good majority of the ride. However, i am even more grateful for my stunning wife who was kind and patient enough to drive the support car for us. Having her there with our food and water aver couple hours made all the difference. We also got to spend an evening up at the cabin, which was a blast. We played a few hearty rounds of the dice game, and otherwise just relaxed and enjoyed the scenery and company.


Ben and I at refueling at the top of Mirror Lake Pass


SLC is at 4330 feet....so it was a long climb.


Courtney took this picture as she followed us in the car to the finish line.


My dad and our nephew max trying to catch a fish in the pond.

2 comments:

Anne said...

I'm impressed you can still walk. Good luck in Lotoja.

Greg said...

Scott good luck at LOTOJA! Ahhh I miss the dice game!
-greg