Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Families can be together forever



This last saturday Scott and I had the opportunity to see the Wallace Family sealed in the Bountiful temple.  Scott meet the Wallace's as a missionary in Neosho, Missouri and although Missouri is their "home", they currently live in Clearfield, Ut.   

As we witnessed this beautiful family in the sealing room I couldn't help but think that "this is why we do missionary work".  We invite others to Come unto Christ and enter the waters of baptism so that as families we can return to live with God.  

About a year and a half ago I had the opportunity to see the Steigmeirs, a family that I worked with as a missionary in New York, sealed in the Palmyra temple.  There is not a sweeter experience for a missionary than seeing those that they loved and taught sealed as a family by the holy Priesthood in the Temple.  

I hope that each of us has the opportunity to be with our families in the temple, so that we too can feel of God's love for us as families and individuals.

4 comments:

Ashley C. said...

What a neat experience. And what darling kids!

love you.

ebv said...

awesome. just awesome!

Mushie said...

Wow..that made me teary! What a blessing for everyone involved. Love you both!!!!

The Steigmeiers said...

I had a hard time holding the tears in. How wonderful for the family to be sealed. I remember our sealing (which seems like yesterday). How blessed they were to have you and Scott there for their sealing. Love ya - Kristin