Friday, April 11, 2008

Top ten things I don't tell someone I am meeting for the first time!

1. I am a food snot. --lets face it I like good food and am sometimes too critical for my own mediocre cooking skills. I don't like a lot of the food I make.

2. I am a recovering perfectionist. I say recovering, because I go to therapy on a regular basis to work this one out. I have learned that it is okay if my house is dirty and my hair is greasy, while I take care of other things of more importance!

3. I like to sing. I wanted to be the vocalists of some kickin' band... but never seemed to make it past the East High music department or the ward party.

4. I can touch my tongue to my nose. In fact if I wanted to, I could almost pick my nose with my tongue.

5. I was the Head Cheerleader at East High. People have really weird stereo types about cheerleaders. I just think it is better if someone gets to know me a little bit before they find this one out!

6. If I don't know the answer, I will often times make it up. I don't think this is lying. It is just creative talking.

7. Scott and I got engaged three months after I got home from my mission. And married three months after that. I make fun of people like me! But I don't regret it all!

8. When I laugh really hard I cluck. It would just be weird to tell someone that... one would just have to experience Lady Cluck to understand!

9. I love Hip Hop! Most definitely my favorite form of dance. I took ballet, and jazz, so that I would be better at Hip Hop! I like to listen to the music so loud I can feel the bass pulsate through my body.

10. "I have a confession to make, I write poetry". It was strange enough when I said that to my sisters. It would be even more bizarre to give an almost stranger my confession.

Let's hear yours!

9 comments:

Ashley C. said...

i drank six (count them) six diet cokes at dinner tonight. a bit much.

i can also touch my tongue to my nose.

i wear a hoodie, and slippers to bed.

thats about all that is exciting in my life....

my favorite confession ( besides that poetry cuz i already knew that one....) #6. I had a hunch about this one. Now I can call you on it! :) jk

love you.

malibumoons said...

hey girl, fun to learn more about you. you are so cute.

Heidi said...

I too could pick my nose with my tongue, if I wanted to (but I don't).

Adrianne said...

well- truth be told I know all of those things about you! because you probably spill the beans when you are meeting someone for the second time! he he he! i think that might be because of confession #6!

the thing i don't usually tell people the first time I meet them is that I eat choc. chip cookies for breakfast (about 6 of them) at least once a week!

Julie said...

Hey guys! I'm glad we found your blog! I hope all is going well! We should hang out soon! :)

Anne said...

Well, I have 5,6,7,8 (I snort), and 9 in common with you. I would write poetry, but I'd rather just listen to other peoples'. Also, I wasn't cool enough to be HEAD cheerleader, but I was a songleader with your awesome sister. The biggest thing I don't want people to know (at least the biggest that I will divulge) is that I have a really hard time turning down salesmen of every kind...timeshares, door to door, you name it. I'm such a sucker. I guess my mission made me feel for people that are "tracting" (even though we were "selling" something way better). Ok, there's my novel.
Anne

The Steigmeiers said...

I am a food snot too! I have a hard time going to eat at someone else's house unless I can bring something. That way I know that there will be at least one thing there that I like. Like you I am hard on myself when it comes to food and my cooking.

Missy said...

At first I thought it was Scott posting ... how awkward to find out he was a cheerleader. I thought, "Yeaaaah, I wouldn't tell anyone that even after you knew them really well." Luckily I'm all straightened out before I go spreading rumors. :) Miss you guys!

Unknown said...

I am pretending to have a normal conversation, but really they are being phycho-analyzed.