Monday, March 31, 2008

Team Name?



So last night i committed to my brother-in-law (Jason Dunlop) that i would ride Lotoja (A Bike race from logan, ut to jackson hole, wy) in a team with him. We have to register on April 22, which is still a ways away, but we need a good team name. So i am asking the 4 people who read this blog to suggest a few good names for our team.

A little background may help:

Jason = Rode non-stop, 400 mile race, in Alaska, with an ulcer, and without drafting, teams, or ipods. This will be his umpteenth Lotoja ride. Generally speaking, he is likely the best cyclist that i will ever have the pleasure of knowing, much less biking with.

Me = I like bikes! This will be my first Lotoja effort, and my first bike ride longer than 100 miles. I get pretty tired riding my bike to school (5 miles). While i am confident that, with proper training, i will be able to finish, i am sure that i would struggle mightily without people like jason on my team.

Etc: When i was younger, jason would often make sprite come out of my nose. Jason and i have, on and off, been addicted to World of Warcraft (my charaters included shaide, lanemyer, and haldan, Jason went by Jlope, which was often confussed with j-lo).

My Current Ideas are: Lazerpewpewpew Or Team Pew for short
Team Tortise'n'Hare
Team Stretch Armstrong
(clearly we need you ideas)

Thanks

9 comments:

laura said...

SCOTT, since you are going to be riding not only with Jason (Scotsman by blood), but with SCOTT Larsen and Adam SCOTT, you should clearly be The Flying Scotsmen. That's my best. Take it or leave it (or find somewhere else to sleep after the race).

Cotter said...

i read but am not very creative so i cant help you with the name. u do however like the name mentioned above!

Adrianne said...

the Naked Scotts (but please don't ride naked you might get sunburned in all the wrong places!!)

Ashley C. said...

flying scotsmen...naked scotts..they both sound good to me!

way to go. sounds fun!

scott j said...

I suppose we could get uniforms that look like we are naked? sort of a la slim goodbody (check out http://www.geeksoncaffeine.com/faq.html to jog your memory)

Courtney said...

I enjoyed Laura's suggestion and threat! Although the Naked Scott's is good too! I think you have some real winners here! And since you obviously didn't like my team name suggestions, I am glad you looked elsewhere to much funny women than myself, for answers! I love you!

paul said...

I wish I had a better idea, but The Flying Scotsmen is the money.

Other ideas include:

LaScoJa
(come on. LArsen SCOtt JAson Adam JAcobsen.)

Black Rebel Bicycle Club (the band and the Brando bike gang)

Pansy Parade

Bruschke said...

hey scott and court- Hope you guys are well- looks like you are! just want to let you know that we went private on our blog and wanted to send you an invite. If you want one email me laurabruschke@gmail.com

Anne said...

Well, I have no name, but you are now officially my hero. After your Valentine's gift (how will you top that next year) and your Lotoja race, I am not sure that we are even really related. We should get a blood test.