Monday, November 26, 2007

I want to go, Idaho Oh Idaho


For the Thanksgiving weekend Court and I went to Sky Valley Ranch (the artist formerly known as Bennion Teton Boys Ranch) to celebrate the season with my family. The ranch is in a magical place called....Victor Idaho (population 840). Victor is known for thier majestic view of the Tetons, delicious Huckleberry shakes @ the Emporium, skiing at Grand Targee, great fishing, and an overall great escape!
I have spent 6 summers of my life at the Ranch, and it has been an integeral part of Jacobsen family lore, but this was Court's first trip. The ranch is pretty endearing, lots of little rustic cabins, gorgeous aspen and pine trees a pleanty of wide open space. The days were filled with classic country holiday activities such as: sledding, ice-skating, card games and....Guitar Hero (even my sister Sarah played!...which is historic).
The meal(s) were fantastic. Thanksgiving dinner alone was a pleathora of goodness. Yams & Apples, Mashed Potatos, Stuffing, Red Cabbage (a Jacobsen family classic) and of course the Turkey. I should also mention that the Turkey was prepared and cooked with impressive quality by my stellar wife. This was her first Turkey attempt and she hit it out of the park. This adds to her "Stepping up to the Jacobsen Cullinary plate" list. Which includes aebleskivers at Christmas time (which were aon par with Charlottes for sure).
We had a blast with all the nieces and nephews. My Nephew Soren (age 14) beat my 2 brothers (ben and Paul) and I at a game of 21 (basketball), although i regained my composure to beat Soren in the championship round of the Ping-Pong Tourney. We also played "Mafia" and various other games with them. I am certain that Courtney now has 10-12 more little members of the already enormus "Courtney Fanclub."

3 comments:

Chart Smart said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Barb said...

I'm super impressed that you cooked the turkey, Court! What a fun time! I was so glad to see you guys on Saturday night!

Jared Woolstenhulme said...

Courtney! Jared is from Victor...we love it there.